Tuesday 22 May 2007

The perfect body?




I have been thinking about this a lot recently. does it even exist? is it in the eye of the beholder? what was God's vision of the perfect body? I don't want to sound like a teen girls magazine writer but the media does dictate to us about how we should feel about our bodies. I don't know anyone who is completely happy with their body type-I'm certainly not! (marriage is wonderful but i'm using it as the reason why i'm the heaviest I've ever been-apparently it's because I am 'content'!) I accept the shape I am and that's ok but I do wonder about Adam and Eve and what their body shape would have been as the perfect body, and when they had children what their body shapes would have been. There are hundreds of different body types in the world that have nothing to do with how much fat people have, it's just their shape-are they all perfect?or is the strive to be thinner so obsessive for some because it is in fact the perfect body shape?I hope not!!I know that people should be happy about their body shape and this should be promoted especially amongst children but what about the well used discussion on our bodies being temples? should we be careful about what we put in and on them?I think we should look after our bodies to allow ourselves to be fully effective vessels. How can we achieve our potential if we don't have the energy to do stuff or if we're always sick cos we don't eat the right stuff? that does not mean I'm good at looking after my body-sadly I abuse it everyday! but I have just been wondering on what God sees as the perfect body. At whom does he look at on the outside (if he even does) and think 'that's perfection'?

3 comments:

Steve McCready said...

Susanna, shockingly deep! Just messing...good blog. Keep up the good work

Bec McCready said...

Good one Sue! Clearly I have the perfect body- just messing! It's weird the way everyone puts of weight when they get married. I think we have to try and not worry about what we look like on the outside 'cos I don't think God cares at all. We should look after ourselves though. There must be a balance somewhere!

billysetsfire said...

I think blogging is exercise. Joking. I need to start running again. I thought a couple years back I had a good figure. I was wrong. Need to get back to the gym and rugby/football.