Wednesday 30 May 2007

Talent


There are a lot of very talented people in this world and it is one of the things I admire most in people-their talent. it seems that many people can make a lot of money from their talent (many who aren't talented make a lot of money too!) and I wonder why everyone is not similarly talented in a particular field? For instance, at school, I was good at most things but never outstanding at any one particular thing, and I always wanted to be. I always wished my mum had sent me to dance classes or gymnastics from I was very little and then I'd be amazing at it, but if she'd done that, I'd have missed out on the amazing childhood I had. And still I find that I am good at most things, but have nothing now that I'm particular talented at. I will become a teacher when I graduate in July, and I enjoy it and am reasonably good at it but I'm not amazing-I'm never gonna win teacher of the year!!I suppose it is possible that people like me have a more subtle talent, not maybe a talent like being an accomplished writer, actor, singer, sports player but a gifting of the spirit? and it is then up to me to nurture that gift I've been blessed with by firstly discovering what it might be and then developing it and trying to figure out why I was blessed with it. I have tried to discover mine and will continue to do so, although sometimes it can be difficult to talk about what you think your good at, or ask others, without them thinking your fishing for compliments!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

So I've signed up to this thing now. Don't have a blogspot, but I do believe you have persuaded me! A little like the mature version of Bebo - I was a fan before it became too mainstream.
You know we've been talking about talent together recently and it seems to me that talent is at different strengths for some people. It would be lovely if we had amazing specific gifts. i always think things should even out for people, maybe in gifts too. e.g if a person's particularly poor, then they'll have happiness in family or some other form in their lives. As far as talent goes, people sometimes need to really find what their passion is.Could that be their gift? follow the passion Sue! I'm gonna try. Keep being deep, i like it.